Or the case of the missing pike. I’m struggling to catch pike this season - which is weird because this time last year I was bagging up. And one pond in particular is proving a mystery:
- October/November 2018: 12 sessions, 46 pike
- October/November 2019: 7 sessions, 3 pike
- Fish kill? Unlikely, would have heard.
- Poached? Again unlikely as it’s well policed.
- Missing the short feeding spell, mornings or nighttime?
- A couple of big pike eating the smaller ones?
Where have all the pike gone?